Thursday, June 13, 2013

Requiem for Lost Love

[Pt1: The Arrow]

Fell
Fated to melt your heart
Described as an arrow in flight
Quivering in the wind
An ethereal force
Oozing forth
Which no man could staunch
Even with his pride

Unbreakable, no fragility
Unthinkable to lose
Hollow thoughts for hollow souls
Written on its gate
Swung loose for the good of all mankind
The towering king of war
Who ate the sun
And drowned the moon

[Pt2 The Flower]

Yellow in the little green meadow
Cyan under the moonlight
Red rose under my blood-red sky
A silhoutte, anonymous on the cape of dusk
The first call of love to the black of heart
Untainted by fear, untouched by evil
Bane of the insanity I craved
A link to my youth

But it fell
And so Fell the flower became
Colourful nomore, a simple word
To burn my world
As if a flower could burn
And for once I felt
The sadness of killing a queen
Taking her rotten fragnance as well

[Pt3 The Flame]

And then the flame danced
Into my open arms
She kissed me once
And proclaimed her love
Showing me the night's hidden treasures
And the lights of men
I became more alive
With every touch

But the flame like the flower
Learned to burn me through
As her hand was neither not nor mine
And confusion started to set
Like the sun of love that bound us
And the fire of lust
That ruled every breath
Ragged and uneven, till now

[Pt4] The Ashes

There it was
The all-consuming fire
And the days grew older
As I got stronger
Seeing a wide field
Full of sunflowers in bloom
Looking down at my own hands
Finding a fist-full of purpose
Reading tomorrow on my palm
And I dared to hope
That all I fought for
Was realised,
Was not in vain
So you can imagine the pain
That travelled across my face
When I woke up to see
The slow fall of the ashes
Drifting below, serenely slow
And like little snowflakes
They barely made a sound
As if death was indeed silent
No tolling of bells
Noone to herald the doom
So soon to the bloom
Too soon to bat the fires down
The flame gold with life
Extinguished too the glowing coals
No light found on that dreary day
Like the life I once had
And to remember it, is to realise
No return, nor re-living
Just the composing of a lament
Or the requiem for lost love
No holding on to past in breath or essence
Just evanescence or liberation
Just vanishing or letting go

No comments:

Post a Comment